Pride Rock is located behind the flagpole, the perfect place for all to see a special shout out! For a donation of $50 per week, congratulate your student on an important accomplishment, celebrate a birthday, show appreciation for a teacher or staff member, or remind everyone how lucky we are to be Bobcats!
1. Use the following SignUp Genius link to reserve your week and make your payment.
2. All reservations are first-come, first-serve.
3. The earlier you go to make your reservation, the more likely it will be to secure your date.
1. On the Friday BEFORE the week you have signed up for, you have access to decorate to the rock between 3:30 pm – 6 pm.
- Example: If you want your message to be seen the week of November 2nd, you will be able to paint the rock as early as Friday, October 30th from 3:30pm – 6:00pm
- If you would like to paint your rock during the week you have reserved that can be done between 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm on any day.
1. What is painted on the rock MUST be in good taste:
- All wording and symbols must be positive
- Messages should be affirming.
- Business partners of PVA can reserve the rock.
2. May NOT contain any of the following:
- Profanity and obscenities
- Discriminatory, religious, and/or political statements/symbols
- Businesses that are not an official part of PVA’s Partners in Education program cannot reserve the rock.
1. Standard latex paint (exterior) for base/covering pervious design
2. Secondary paint color(s) for coloring the wording/symbols.
- Acrylics or latex paints, any water-based paint will work well.
3. Roller and/or Paint Brushes
4. Plastic or canvas drop cloths to protect the sidewalk and curb while you are painting.
5. WATER: There is NOT water access on-site to rinse off brushes/rollers.
- Suggest bringing a small bucket and a gallon container of water from home.
6. TRASH DISPOSAL / CLEAN UP: Bring a large trash bag to take home all items/supplies after the painting is complete.
- You will need to discard all painting supplies off campus, at home properly, and not on school grounds. Used paint cans are not to be placed in campus trash bins/dumpsters. Please dispose of paint cans properly off-campus.
1. NO SPRAY PAINT IS ALLOWED ON CAMPUS PER ADMINISTRATION.
2. Please use only “standard” latex or water-based acrylic paint on the rock
-No puffy paint, no glue, no chemicals, no oil-based paint, etc.
3. You will be painting over the previous message; make sure your paint will provide good coverage.
4. ONLY the rock can be painted. Painting on sidewalks, lamp posts, or buildings is prohibited.
5. Any damage or destruction to the surrounding areas or buildings will deem the family, group, or organization financially responsible for cleaning and repair costs.
1. Once you have finished your rock, you will need to email a picture to: email@example.com
2. There will be no refunds under any circumstances given; including, but limited to weather, missed date, school closure, the decoration of the paint does not meet guidelines.